Have Cat, Will Travel! Top Tips for Hotel Stays with Fluffy
- Oct 30, 2020
Clearly, there are some unique nuances when staying in pet-friendly hotels with cats versus dogs.
- Sweep the room. Be on the lookout for anything that may be dangerous for your cat.
- Don’t rush the kitty cat. Be sure to let your cat come out of her travel carrier at her own pace.
- Home away from home. Bring things from home that will make your cat feel more comfortable.
- A safe place. Leave the door to your cat’s carrier open – so that she can go in and out.
- Play time. This will help her associate the room with “feel-good” moments, and it will also help to tucker her out so she can chillax.
- Potty time. Setting up your cat’s litter box right away is essential.
- Time to eat. It’s important to stick with your pet’s regular eating schedule.
- Leaving kitty alone? Be sure to alert the front desk and place the “do not disturb” sign on your door.